Owner: Phill Oliveira
Monthly Member Showcase, August 2019
Owner: Phill Oliveira (NEW MEMBER)
2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Phills’s car will be showcased at the August 8th membership meeting. Reserved parking will be provided for the members cars. Clean em up, bring em out and show em off. Hope to see all of you there!
As always, visitors are always encouraged to come out and see what we are all about.
A little history about Phill’s beautiful car. The 2008 and 2009 Mustang Bullitt was Ford’s follow-up to the 2001 Bullitt Mustang. This car, with the S197 Mustang design, was able to more closely resemble the exterior appearance of the original 1968 GT390 car driven by Steve McQueen! Like it’s older brother, the 2008 and 2009 Bullitt has subtle changes but the little goes a long way!
One thing about the 2008/9 Bullitt Mustang compared to the New Edge Version is that the 2001 Car is known as a “Mustang Bullitt” and the 08/09 car is a “Mustang GT” with the Bullitt Package. Here are the differences between the 2008 Mustang GT and the Bullitt.
- Only Colors Available: Highland Green Or Black Options Only
- Modified Badging With Unique Satin Finish And Bullitt Crosshair Medallion On Rear Decklid
- Fog Light-Less Grill With Chrome Bezel Installed To Have More Of The 1968 GT390 Look
- Modified 18-inch Micro Machined Euro-Flange Bullitt Wheels And Dark Gray Satin Finish w /Tri-Bar Pony Center Cap
- Unique 3.5-inch Stainless Steel Packed Exhaust Tips
- Painted Dark Gray Calipers
- Aluminum Shifter Ball Unique To Bullitt
- Unique Aluminum I/P Finish Panels With Gunmetal Engine Turn Pattern
- Aluminum Accents: IUP Door Handles And Premier Trim Pedal Covers And Shifter Trim Ring
- Revised Cluster With Gunsight Graphics And Unique Font
- Shelby GT500-Style Sport Front Seats And Shelby GT500-Style Steering Wheel With Bullitt Logo
- Unique Aluminum Sill Plate (Scuff Plate) With Bullitt Logo
- Serialization Plate On Strut Tower Brace
- SOHC 4.6-liter V8, 3-valve; 315 horsepower; Increase From 300 Horsepower In The Standard GT
- 5-Speed Manual Transmission Only
- “Open-element” Cold Air Intake System & Hood Blanket With AIS Seal “Bullitt”
- Specific Engine Calibration
- Increased throttle response
- Dual Knock Strategy Allowing The Mustang To Run On Either Regular 87 Octane Or Premium 91 or 93 For Improved Performance
- Camshaft Timing Revision
- Rear Axle Ratio: 3.73 Standard
- Retuned Exhaust For Signature Bullitt Exhaust Sound
- RPM Redline Changed From 6250 RPM To 6500 RPM
- Front Brake Pads Are Carbon Metallic
- Bullitt Ride Height Lowered By Approximately 6mm Due To A Rear Spring Change
- Unique Strut Tower Brace
- Unique Shock And Strut Tuning
Total Production Numbers
- 2008 Bullitt – Total: 5772
- 4346 Green
- 1426 Black
- 2009 Bullitt – Total: 810
- 629 Green
- 181 Black
So come check out this beautiful piece of history at this month’s meeting.
Valley Mustang Club was formed and incorporated in 2002. We exist as a social club for all Mustang enthusiasts.
Our goal is to:
- Provide members with helpful information
- Present our members with many fun social events
- Support our community through our fund raising events
Use the tabs provided to view our website. If you have additional questions or would like more information about our club, please contact us at: